How to Best Use a Vitamix
We are sharing a few really helpful vids here to demonstrate the best ways to use a Vitamix.
You’ll discover how this is one of the most versatile blenders on the market, thanks to its power and design features.
It can do so much more for your than just make smoothies -- but you will see a "how-to" for that as well.
Use Your Vitamix for Making Green Smoothies
Make professional quality and delicious smoothies at home with the same blender brand that has been trusted for many years by the top national smoothie chains.
Vitamix as a Whole Juice Juicer
Whole fruit and vegetable juices made using a Vitamix have extra oomph and more flavor.
This is because of the unique blending process which releases the juice but still retains all of the nutrition and fiber that juice extractors take away.
In addition to delivering added nutrition, the whole juices made using a Vitamix will utilize every part of your produce, so there is almost no waste.
Vitamix 750 - Feature Overview and How to Make Hummus
The hummus recipe comes from the Vitamix website and was created for both the C-Series and G-Series machines that have the Variable Speed control and using the 64-oz jug.
Adjustments to the Variable Speed, blending time, and/or ingredient quantities will need to be made if you use a different Vitamix machine or other container sizes.
- 1can (15 oz) chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1can (15 oz) chick peas (garbanzo beans), NOT drained
- 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ot 2 raw garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 TSP ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
- Put the
chick peas, sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, pinchof salt and cumin into the Vitamix jug in the same order as listed.
- Secure the lid and choose Variable 1 or set to the Puree setting.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. If your machine has the Puree setting, there is no need for you to change the speeds. It will do this on its own with the Puree setting.
- Blend 1 minute using the Variable speeds -- if using the Puree setting, just let it blend until it stops on its own.
- Use the tamper if needed to move the ingredients down towards the blades.
- Taste and season with salt.