Why I Love My New Blendtec 575 Classic Blender
I just Love Love Love my Blendtec 575 Classic Blender!
And I am truly shocked at how much I took to loving this blending miracle machine. It really amazed and impressed me.
The Blendtec brand is one of the top quality names in the blender industry. They’re known for their power, lasting quality and superior results.
However, it is often considered to be the second fiddle to Vitamix blenders.
It's kind of like comparing these two brands the same way luxury car enthusiasts compare Mercedes and BMW to dispute which one is better.
I find that most Vitamix lovers prefer it because of the tamper rod. Some people worry about not having the tamper if/when they choose a Blendtec blender
Blendtec blenders are designed to not need the tamper due to their jug and blade design... but this requires the ingredients to be stacked into the container in a certain order.
Blendtec makes sure you know that by printing the "Stack Like This" instructions on the paper sleeve you'll find inserted in the jug when you unpack it form the box.
Personally, I don’t mind stacking the ingredients in an orderly way as demanded by the Blendtec.
But you don't have to be perfect at that.
And if you are an orderly person, this probably won’t be an issue for you at all.
Now if your personality is more of a "rama jama bama" … just stick that stuff in there any which way, you'd probably have more of an appreciation for the Vitamix.
After all, it comes with a rammer!!!
Er... actually, they call it a Tamper!
Tamper is a decidedly less aggressive name than a ram rod!
But having one of those allows you toss in your ingredients any old way you choose, and you use the tamper to help move the ingredients around to get a supremely blended smoothie... or whatever it is you are blending.
Trust me though... you do NOT need to be uber strict with the order in which you load your Blendtec.
I occasionally make a boo boo and forget to put in a "bottom level" ingredient and stick it in at the last.
My smoothie still comes out AWESOME!
And the Blendtec Classic 575 is such a great value.
Seriously... I have an Oster countertop blender, an old (one of the first) Magic Bullet, and a Ninja to compare my Blendtec to.
Even when you don't add any dairy, you'll find the way this blender processed the ingredients to be so fine, it makes it kind of creamy.
Definitely super smooth.
You really do not need to buy the Blendtec Designer series to get the same superbly smooth results.
But if you do want more bells and whistles... go for it!
But this Classic 575 model is usually less than $400 on Amazon.
I would suggest that you invest in having BOTH the Wildside jug and the 4-Side jug, because the jug designs dictate how well certain blends will turn out.
It is the jug design that effects the vortex and how the ingredients get sucked down to the blades.
Vitamix with their tamper get's around that issue by using the tamper to help.
The Best Features of the Blendtec Classic 575
Coming up are the features that I like best and found to be the most beneficial. I'm sure you feel the same way if you decide to buy one.
- It replaces the need for a food processor thanks to its awesome power, superior blade and jug designs.
- The 3-hp motor generates 1,575 watts of power so that you can quickly and efficiently make super smooth smoothies, hot soup, and fresh salsa.
- It has an easy to use control interface which is also easy to keep clean. All it needs is a quick wipe. No buttons or dials to get gunked up and gross.
- You have 4 different preprogrammed cycles to choose from. Just hit one button to make smoothies, another button for a 60-second cycle, and a button for a 90-second cycle.
- If you want to do things your own way with manual control, you can use the 5 incremental speeds set to 50 seconds each, and you get a pulse setting too.
- The WildSide jar is big enough to hold 90-ounces, so you can make a large batch of smoothies or soup... or whatever! Like most high-end blender jars, it's made from BPA-free material, so you don’t need to worry about contaminants.
- You can also get the FourSide jar - ideal for processing dry ingredients or smaller batches. The 32 oz FourSide also offers easy use and cleanup, just like the the WildSide jar.
- You also get the illuminated LCD timer that displays the remaining time on your blends. This display helps you when using the manual settings, as you can shorten or lengthen the blending time to get the customized results you want. Or you can also use a pre-programmed setting so you can do other tasks as the blender does its job.
- This blender comes in 6 different colors if you are fussy about that and want it to match with the look of your kitchen.
- If you prefer to stow it away, it won't need as much space as a Ninja Blender or the older Vitamix models. Blendtec's 575 Classic is 7″ wide x 15″ tall x 8″ deep.
- The warranty is awesome, covering you for 8 years on every part of the Blendtec Classic 575. That’s because Blendtec uses a high quality design and only the best materials. Plus, it is made in the USA.
Clean-up is a snap!
All it really needs is a quick rinse in the sink with hot water.
For a more thorough cleaning... just add warm water into the jug with a drop of soap, it the 'Clean' button and let it rip!
Then just dump out the soapy water, rinse and leave to air dry.
What Other Reviews Say of the Blendtec Classic 575
I was not surprised to find high ratings when checking the reviews on Amazon. At last check, I found the Blendtec Classic 575 to be holding at a 4.4-star average rating.
Most reviewers praised the power of the blender.
You can put frozen fruit or ice into the jug and you'll never have to worry about it being able to handle the load.
It was common for a lot of the reviewers to swoon at how amazing and smooth the smoothies are... with NO CLUMPS or unprocessed chunks.
They also noted that it was extremely easy to whip up smoothies more efficiently than using a standard blender, and the smooth results are always consistent.
Other comments were that it is very easy to use, while the manual settings allow for custom control options.
So folks found that they could just push a program button to get a perfect smoothie, or they had the option to experiment using the manual controls to tailor the results to match their preferences.
Many of these Blendtec users said that they actually felt excited and even eager to use it as often as they could.
What about the price?
From what I found when going through all the reviews, almost no one complained about the price. I think this is because most of these savvy buyers were prepared to pay the price for a premium level blender in the first place.
As a matter of fact - most buyers raved about how they got great value for their money.
They felt that the number of features, the quality of the results and the durability of this unit make it well worth the price tag.
Many consider this blender “amazing” (just like I do) and highly recommend it.
I have to say that I totally agree...the Blendtec Classic 575 really is a great value.